Dawnfall Hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Everything is dead
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:44 pm by Syran

» Kiss, Kill, Marry
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 am by Syran

» count to 35 before a mod posts
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 am by Syran

» New Admin Contest!
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:38 pm by Jamie

» Calm Grove
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:30 am by Syran

» The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den}
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 am by Syran

» Favorite Bands/Artists
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:36 am by Syran

» Banner Contest!
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:54 pm by Sleipnir

» Who is Your Favorite Author?
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 pm by Jamie

The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den}

+2
Eis
Jamie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den}

Post by Mercury Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:55 pm

(Sorry if I wasn't able to post/fill out the statistics. If I'm not allowed to post, just ignore this)

Mercury paced forward, keeping his footsteps light as he carried himself across the land. He panted slightly; god, he hated summer. His thick coat did wonders for keeping out the cold, but merely worsened the heat. Not to mention he was pretty hungry. He hadn't had anything that resembled a legitimate meal in quite some time; just a few rabbits here and there, a couple mice that he was able to eat in a single bite. He also hasn't run into many people since he ran away...

No, no thinking about that right now. He was off with the intention to make a fresh start, to find someplace new, to reinvent himself. Self-pity was a show of weakness, and he wouldn't stand for it. His mood was already elevating, he could feel it. He felt ready to take on anything right now, but really, he was intent on finding a place where he could settle down. Get a mate, have a couple pups of his own. Make a difference in the world. Honestly, his goals weren't that impossible. They were common goals; goals that nearly everyone had. It wasn't ambitious, he wasn't asking for much. At the moment, he was really only hoping to stumble upon a friendly pack that wouldn't mind bringing in a loner.

And, as fate would have it, a strong scent hit his nose with a pang. The scent of wolves. Many of them, as far as he could tell. Although it was a bit odd; he hadn't scented any territorial markers previously. Maybe it was a rogue group? He stopped in his tracks. Rogue groups weren't nearly as inviting as packs. Knowing from experience, they were just a bunch of blood-thirsty wolves banding together and raiding others' territories. He would be more reluctant to go, if he didn't have a nagging feeling that he was wrong about them, and they actually were a legitimate pack. Well, it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and introduce himself.

He followed the scent until he found the source; a group of wolves, some inside and some outside of an abandoned human shack. He narrowed his eyes, second thoughts racing through his mind. Maybe he shouldn't have done this. Then again, he's definitely in at least one of the wolf's field of vision, and within earshot of the rest of them. Too late to turn back now.
Mercury
Mercury

Stars : 20

Statistics
Experience:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Hunger:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue37/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (37/100)
Health:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue73/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (73/100)

Back to top Go down

The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den}

Post by Syran Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Silence engulfed her as she swiftly departed the group. She was once again on uncharted grounds. Lifting her head to find another surprise. Someone had decided to join the party. It was clearly a magnetic force that is guranteed to draw in any strays that were strewn throughout the forest. Something that seemed quite possible, if she didn't put too much thought into it. Here stood the latest victim, and she'd be the first to greet them. What an honor on her behalf.

Syran stepped quickly and each stride put herself closer and closer to this stranger. She was unaffected by their presence, but she was itching to know more. She always dug deeper and never felt the need to leave anything unsaid. That was her personally, but not everyone is as bubbly and spontaneous as she is. She'd take it slow, and she'd ease her way into the deeper information.

"Hello my name is Syran," she called out at a reasonable distance. It was a comfortable distance that was understandable and secure. She never drifted closer or further as she waited. Instead she respected the other's space until she was invited in. Something she believed in and something she stood by.

(Excuse my unnecessary rambling and lack of heart)
Syran
Syran

Stars : 47

Statistics
Experience:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Hunger:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue45/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (45/100)
Health:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Mercury's ears perked at the sound of a voice. One of the wolves -- a russet-hued femme, it appeared to be -- had called out to him.

"Hello my name is Syran," she had said. She stood a ways away, seemingly respecting his personal space, and that gesture alone caused him to relax a bit. Well, at least she seemed nice. He didn't let down his guard completely, though; he wanted to be absolutely sure that her kindness wasn't just a big ruse. "Hello," he responded, his tail flicking. "My name is Mercury, and I apologize for the intrusion. I was just passing by, and well, I couldn't help but notice a pack here." He paused for a moment. "... This is a pack, correct?" he asked, inching a bit closer towards the femme so they wouldn't have to continuously call out to each other.
Mercury
Mercury

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue37/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (37/100)
Health:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue73/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (73/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 pm

She was glad to see that the stranger replied. Syran processed his name and allowed herself to grow comfortable with it. Carefully she stepped forward as he did, and thought of a response. She herself was still unsure of what she had run into. Just like Mercury she had just happened to run across this small band of wolves. Looking over her shoulder she found that she could barely catch a glimpse of the fortress.

"No it's fine Mercury, and honestly I have no idea. I myself just happened to run across this place not too long ago." She spoke fluently and checked over her shoulder once more. There was nothing in sight, but she felt a chilling presence nearby. Shrugging it off as she did earlier she returned her focus on Mercury. He seemed comfortable here, and she wanted to keep it that way. She couldn't afford to drive somebody away.
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Hunger:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue45/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (45/100)
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:01 pm

"No it's fine Mercury, and honestly I have no idea. I myself just happened to run across this place not too long ago." she had said. Huh. So, she isn't a part of that pack. He looked past her and at the small grouping of wolves near the shack. There were three of them, as far as he could tell. All caught up in conversations, doing their own thing. Surprisingly, none of them had noticed his presence yet. Well, either that, or they did notice him but didn't care enough to see why he was here.

He looked back at the brown-hued female in front of him. "Has anyone over there noticed you yet? Or have you just kinda been lingering?" he asked. They were much more laid back than he had imagined them to be. He thought they'd approach him, teeth bared and hackles raised, ready to tear out his throat if he didn't explain himself, but for the most part they seemed pretty docile. Well, I guess I won't have much trouble getting in, he thought to himself.
Mercury
Mercury

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 am

"Has anyone over there noticed you yet? Or have you just kinda been lingering?" She tried to think of her response. Syran had been the one to step up, but they didn't bother to welcome her in properly. Technically she had been wandering, but she had encountered the others. "I introduced myself, but I didn't really stick around too long." She decided and with the simple route. For it was the truth, and that was all Mercury needed.

Her ear twitched and she felt herself relax. Enjoying the company even if it was only temporary. It had been several months since she has had any social interaction. She had been driven further and further from sanity when she had found herself stranded. Syran survives on the support of others and she was grateful for what she had at the moment. Even though the choice of rejection was still an option. Her fur was ruffled by the gentle winds that broke through the maze of trees and her ears once again flickered.

In the comfort of the forest she felt accepted, but not secure. Her coat mixed well with the different hues and shades of the scenery, but she was not hidden. Everything she had once had before could change now. Rejection was not a choice for her. She had to make this her last and final stop for now.
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleipnir Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 am

(Rp is moving kind of slow so im just going to jump in here.  How 'bout a hunting trip? Once everyone gets settled, I mean.)

Sleipnir watched the fem slip back into the forest and felt bad.  He had scared her off.  Being the gentleman he was, he couldn't just leave it at that, he had to show her he wasn't a total dick.  So after a few minutes of thought, he followed her.  He didn't have to go far.  Her voice could be heard just ahead.  He assumed she had run into Jamie or Eis maybe but it was a wolf he had yet to meet.  This left him feeling uneasy.  He had met all the wolves in a day's time that he could stand.  Not toomention this new one was a male.  

Damn.

Things were going so well.  Just him and 1, 2, 3 girls.  He didn't want to share the spotlight with this brute.  And brute he was.  He was quite large and muscular.  He looked like a fighter.  Sleipnir kept his distance.  He considered himself in charge of the territory until Jamie got back and Eis was no where to be found.

"Syran who's your friend?" He asked, refusing to address the intruder directly though he kept his eyes locked on him.  Maybe he was being too judgemental but he couldn't help it.  Syran was paying more attention to the lout than Sleipnir and he couldn't stand it. Jealousy's a bitch.
Sleipnir
Sleipnir

Stars : 68

Statistics
Experience:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/100)
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:39 am

Syran nearly jumped when a voice called out from behind her. Her heart thumped against her chest hard, but was to relieved to find Sleipnir as the source. She swallowed hard and allowed her breath to even out before she spoke. Sleipnir appeared stiff and maybe even a bit intimidated. She was unsure of what was flooding his thoughts at the moment, but she hoped that she wasn't the cause.

Finally mustering the courage to speak she glanced at Mercury then Sleipnir. "This is Mercury, and he just happened to come across this place just like I had. Is it alright that we talk here?" Bile seemed to rise in her throat as she spoke. Everything about this felt uncomfortable, and she was honestly scared to see the outcome. Unmoving and silent she stood and kept her eyes on Sleipnir.

A burning sensation fluttered in her stomach and she guessed that the tension was causing it. The wind no longer blew, and there was no chatter of the animals in the distance. Syran longed to just settle in and come to an agreement. She was ready to be herself again. In the past month she had failed to regain bubbly attitude. This slight pang of guilt wasn't helping aything. Surely Sleipnir would let him in and grow to accept him. That is if Mercury planned to stay after this.
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:09 am

Mercury noticed one of the wolves finally take notice of the two, and approach them. It was a male; a male with a predominantly white coat. 'Finally, they notice us,' he thought, although felt a twinge of annoyance when he addressed Syran about his being here, not him. Eh, whatever. He brushed it off with ease.

"Syran who's your friend?" he had asked.

"This is Mercury, and he just happened to come across this place just like I had. Is it alright that we talk here?" responded Syran.

Mercury dipped his head in respect towards the male. "Hey there. Sorry for intruding, I couldn't help but notice you guys. Is it alright if I stay for a while?" inquired the brute, his oddly-colored eyes meeting the other male's. Eye contact was key for first impressions. Eye contact and posture. He made sure to keep his tail low, although his head high, his ears erect. While he most definitely respected the male in his own territory, Mercury was not the submissive type.
Mercury
Mercury

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleipnir Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:35 pm

"This is Mercury, and he just happened to come across this place just like I had. Is it alright that we talk here?"

Sleipnir didn't trust this Mercury and his body language surely made that plain enough.  Still though, talking couldn't hurt.  He would just supervise to make sure that nothing went wrong.

"Hey there. Sorry for intruding, I couldn't help but notice you guys. Is it alright if I stay for a while?

Mercury's body language changed to a slightly more submissive stance that Sleipnir was satisfied with.  He recognized that he was confident and possibly arrogant and that could lead to trouble in the future, but for now he'd let it slide.  "It's fine.  Really." He told him, a tinge of reluctance in his voice.  "You can stay for now I guess but... You'll just have to talk with Jamie is all." He concluded, hating himself for having to recognize the authority Jamie had.  "She's not here right now though so um... Just stick with me until she gets back." It was really the only option.  He didn't trust Mercury to wander the territory without supervision but he hated the idea of being a babysitter.  "You too jailbait." He said, tilting his head toward Syran.

"You two any good at hunting?" He suggested, the mere idea of sitting around, waiting for Jamie to return seemed excruciatingly boring and Sleipnir was hungry.  He could only assume the others felt the same.

(I know you're on EFA Merc so if you can't reply then your tagging along will just be implied)
Sleipnir
Sleipnir

Statistics
Experience:
The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/100The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den} - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/100)
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Syran stood as Sleipnir unraveled slightly, and her muscles relaxed. She knew that allowing Mercury to stick around was painful, but he wasn't the exactly one to call the shots. He had mentioned Jamie, but she wasn't here. There for Mercury stays and Sleipnir deals until further notice. Just as Sleipnir closed the case her stomach twisted. A low grumble escaped and she glanced to Sleipnir.

"I have some experience." She was confident now that things were settled although her nickname wasn't exactly what she was expecting to earn. Taking a few strides towards Sleipnir until she stood by his side. She hadn't eaten in nearly three days, but she had managed to hold over since. She knew that it could've been worst.

Syran enjoyed hunting very much. Going out into wooded lands, grassy fields, rocky mountains, or rushing rapids. There was always some adventure involved, and of course a prize to be found. Since her seperation from her family she had relied on hunting for herself. There was no pack to lean on, and she was constantly on the move. Hunting is where she found her peace and comfor. Whether it was spent in hot pursuit or silent stealth. Syran was always up to go hunting.
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleipnir Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:29 am

"I have some experience."

The fem didn't sound too confident but if nothing else she sounded hungry and willing. That would be enough, as after all, Sleipnir was confident he only needed a hint of backup in this scenario. It's not that he was more experienced than most wolves his age, it was just that he was arrogant and quite sure he had a knack for everything awesome.

As an adolescent he was part of the 'hunting party.' This party consisted of his mother, his brother Baldr, his brother Kvasir, and himself. His father and Valí were always too busy arguing or sparring to join the usual hunting trips. Of course, during these trips he was in no place to take a leadership position. As the youngest of the group, he had no say in any of the decisions to be made. That's what set this trip apart from the others. He finally had a pair of able bodied wolves to dutifully boss around. And that's the way it was meant to be.

With both wolves in tow, he started at an easy canter toward what he was sure would hopefully offer a bit of prey.

-Calm Grove-

(Sorry for the short and rambly post its 3:30 am and yeah)
Sleipnir
Sleipnir

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 am

Syran followed Sleipnir towards the hunting grounds. She knew he wanted dominance, and she wouldn't argue with that. She was in no state to lead a hunting party with two males tagging along. Syran didn't usually lead things anyway. She hated the responsibility and poise that she had to possess.

As she followed she took note to the scenery and kept to herself. She felt light as she padded behind Sleipnir. Tasting the flesh of prey in her mouth even before they have begun. The surroundings were comfortable, and the company was enjoyable. Mercury hadn't spoken, but he had followed. Syran was glad that Sleipnir didn't drive him away. His company could be a great addition around here.

-Calm Grove-

(This is choppy and short I know)
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum