Dawnfall Hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Everything is dead
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:44 pm by Syran

» Kiss, Kill, Marry
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 am by Syran

» count to 35 before a mod posts
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 am by Syran

» New Admin Contest!
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:38 pm by Jamie

» Calm Grove
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:30 am by Syran

» The Ol' Log Cabin {Summer Den}
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 am by Syran

» Favorite Bands/Artists
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:36 am by Syran

» Banner Contest!
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:54 pm by Sleipnir

» Who is Your Favorite Author?
Calm Grove I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 pm by Jamie

Calm Grove

5 posters

Go down

Calm Grove Empty Calm Grove

Post by Jamie Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Calm Grove Hq_forests_wallpapers_%282%29

The paths in the forest are not human made. It's worn down grass from all of the animals walking on it, turning it into, basically, decomposed dirt. The forest let's in only enough solar energy for comfort, making it quite a calming area. Prey of all kinds scurry through the forest, making the food supply plentiful.
Jamie
Jamie
Admin

Stars : 61

Statistics
Experience:
Calm Grove Left_bar_bleue75/100Calm Grove Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)
Hunger:
Calm Grove Left_bar_bleue45/100Calm Grove Empty_bar_bleue  (45/100)
Health:
Calm Grove Left_bar_bleue100/100Calm Grove Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://dawnfall.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Calm Grove Empty Re: Calm Grove

Post by Sleipnir Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:51 am

Sleipnir lead the two wolves on the heavily trodden path trying to seem like he knew exactly where he was going. In truth though, he was lost. At any rate, the beaten path suggested bountiful prey though there didn't seem to be a critter in sight.

He was used to hunting larger prey and preferred to as those tended to have a bigger pay off and he figured while it was unlikely any elk were grazing in the forest, surely a deer could be. It seemed impossible that they would be able to find one in the natural camoflage of foliage and bark around them. Unfortunately, impossible was not in Sleipnir's vocabulary. "We're looking for something big."He said, mostly to Syran, once again preferring not to acknowledge Mercury's existence all together. It was easier that way. "Look for moose or deer maybe. Tell me when you pick up a trail." with that, he put his nose to the ground and began to search. Tracking wasn't really his forte though. He much preferred the actual hunting. Chasing. In particular. At any rate, obtaining food was of a high priority at that moment so he pit his own wants aside for the needs of himself. Oh and the others. Of course.

(Again sorry if the post is choppy and messy. I'm a little tired.)
Sleipnir
Sleipnir

Stars : 68

Statistics
Experience:
Calm Grove Left_bar_bleue60/100Calm Grove Empty_bar_bleue  (60/100)
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:33 pm

They were looking for something big, and that meant a mass amount of work. Tracking, stealthy moves, a long chase, and most importantly you had to have accuracy. Syran had no problem tracking and chasing, but she had never experienced taking down big game. This was new and just as much as she was anxious she also felt nervous. The next meal could rely on her.

Nodding in Sleipnir's direction she mirrored his actions. Lowering her head and taking a slightly different path than him. Sure to not lose sight of him. After all this was uncharted grounds for her, and at any moment either one of them could pick up a trail. Syran needed to be there ready and alert. As well as focusing on herself and her job.

As she slipped into a dense maze of trees scents mingled. The nuts and herbs very distinct, but there was something else out there. It wasn't close enough to quite make it out though. Pushing forward in search of something great, and something big.
Syran
Syran

Stars : 47

Statistics
Experience:
Calm Grove Left_bar_bleue50/100Calm Grove Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Mercury loped in after them, keeping as light on his paws as possible. He was quite big, so stealth wasn't exactly his specialty; in fact, he had no idea why Sleipnir chose him to accompany them on the little excursion. As he understood it, he wasn't even a part of the pack yet. Just a loner getting familiar with the members. Eh, whatever. Maybe the guy needed some extra muscle for it. Mercury'd normally be compliant and happy to help, but... Sleipnir didn't acknowledge him. At all.

"Tch," he muttered, "if you're gonna bring me along at least look in my direction." Already, this guy was rubbing him the wrong way. Fine. That's cool. He'd find a way to get back at him later, but for now he just needed to tough it out.

"We're looking for something big." he had said, "Look for moose or deer maybe. Tell me when you pick up a trail."

'Deer? That's a bit risky,' Mercury thought bitterly. Deer were quick creatures; they could jump and sprint without tiring for nearly hours. Too hard to catch. He should know, he ran into them often on his travels. Moose weren't any better. In fact, they were dangerous. Their hooves were massive, and if a wolf found themselves in their line of sight, well. It wouldn't be pretty.

So, while both had their risks, he decided to think about how much food each of them would provide. Obviously, one moose'd be enough for an entire pack. A deer would be enough for a pack, too, although you wouldn't be able to go back for seconds. A moose would probably be their best bet, so long as they manage to separate the moose from its herd, and be able to overpower it.

He lifted his nose, trying to search for the meaty scent of moose, when -- Bingo! He got it. "Found a scent," he announced, moving ahead of Sleipnir as he followed the trail. Welp. He managed to make one friend and one enemy in a single day. Normally, it was hard for him to make enemies, but little Slippy here was just begging for some conflict sooner or later. Mercury wouldn't give in so soon after meeting him, though; he wanted to see how much strain their already-shaky relationship could handle before things got physical.
Mercury
Mercury

Stars : 20

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Calm Grove Left_bar_bleue37/100Calm Grove Empty_bar_bleue  (37/100)
Health:
Calm Grove Left_bar_bleue73/100Calm Grove Empty_bar_bleue  (73/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleipnir Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 am

Sleipnir perked his ear at Mercury's announcement of having found a scent.  For as big and dull as the bloke seemed to be, he had a decent head on his shoulders.  He bowed his head to smell the dirt where Mercury had previously been standing and sure enough, he could smell it too.  Moose.  He quickly picked up pace with Mercury and shouldered him to the side as he caught up and surpassed him, taking the lead again.  He wasn't about to let the newbie hog all the limelight.

He followed the trail as accurately as he could and soon bent into a crouch, expecting the others to do the same.  He could see the large creatures grazing slowly, their massive shoulders swaying in rhythm with the grass.  The one to the left was definitely male.  There looked to be a smaller female to the right who would be a semi-decent target.  They couldnt charge the bull like that but the doe would do okay.  She seemed healthy which could prove to be a problem during the chase.  Sleipnir didn't care.  He was going to try it anyway.  With his belly scraping the ground and his ears pressed to his head, he crept a few inches closer for a better look.  The antlers on the male were fearsome and he hoped the bull wouldn't charge to the female's rescue.  He briefly doubted that they would be able to take on the moose but quickly decided that they would be fine.  "Okay well we need to attack the rump and the nose.  That's where she's most vulnerable." This was hunting 101 but he felt it had to be said.  "Oh and watch out for his antlers.  You don't want to mess with those."

He felt that further instruction or strategy would be a waste of their time so he just went for it.  Out of the safety of the brush, he charged toward the doe as she made her crooked get away in the opposite direction in which he was coming in.
Sleipnir
Sleipnir

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Syran was quickly pulled away from her search. Mercury had picked up the track quickly and she found her way back swiftly. Her body was low and the dried leaves tickled her underbelly. She kept quiet as the target came into sight. It all moved too quickly and she was forced to launch herself forward. Joining Sleipnir in attempt to trap the doe.

In her mind she aimed for two things. To have accuracy and don't tire out. This doe wouldn't put up much of a fight, but it'd give them a good run. She was hurling towards the doe and she was prepared for any change in direction. Sleipnir was quick to leap into her trail, but she could pull anything at any given moment.

Getting the angle she found a pace and she focused on the vulnerable weak spots. If she was able to she'd attack the front. She'd need to be cautious about the hooves though. One wrong move and Syran could be down. For now she closed in and kept in close range. Waiting for the right time.
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow White Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:59 pm

A ordinary sized she-wolf made her way through the well vegetated forests floor, her pure white paws silently carrying her slim frame forward. Her two, different shaded pools were directed straight forward and her head lowered. “Man, this is boring. How long do i have to wait till i finally got to see something... Alive?“ she questioned herself with a groan of boredum. Snow White was travelling for so long, quite too long. Sure, she was exhausted but the urge of finally finding some other fellow species, urged her to go on. As a pretty familiar growling reached her auds, the Female snorted and mumbled in pain, “Ouch...“ She knew, it was her empty stomach, begging for something to eat. “If i don´t eat i´ll starve right here. And i still didn´t got to see other wolves.“ Sighing, she would continue her journey, the growling of her stomach would keep her company. Great.

A wonderful scent hit her nose and Snow White immediately lifted her skull, her nose pointed at the sky. She took several breaths of the delicious odor, her eyes closed and her maw opened. She was drooling. However, some loud rustles coming from the bush in front of her made her quite curious, her lobes flickered forward and she made some silent steps toward the noises location. Her skull tilted and she stared with her chestnut brown and turquoise shaded optics at the bush. Suddenly a big, pale brown creature jumped out of it, scaring the Femme to death. She screamed “AHHH!“ and immediately ran to the side as the doe made some noises and ran forward. Seeing the doe had no interest in stomping the Fae to death, she sighed and watched after it. That was kinda her chance, wasn´t it? She was hungry and tadaa out of sudden a doe appears. “I´ll get you!“ she said, racing after the doe, still not noticing that this prey already has some pursuer...

(bad posty i know huehue)
Snow White
Snow White

Stars : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleipnir Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:28 pm

The chase was on and Sleipnir was losing ground fast.  The doe was quickly picking up speed and he was falling behind.  The terrain was unfamiliar to him and he found himself struggling to catch up.  Out of nowhere, this small white blur started tailing the moose and Sliepnir found himself picking up speed as he flew over the flat terrain.  He was gaining ground and the small white blob grew appendages as he got closer.  Long white legs sprouted from its torso and ears from the top of its head.  He was slowly gaining speed and as he did so, distinguished markings started appearing.  Black on the ears and legs.  "Hey!  HEY!" He yelled at the figure, hoping to get it to back off.  This is our's get your own!" He was only a few feet behind her now and from here he could see she was a girl.  A pretty girl.

And Sleipnir had a thing for pretty girls.

He would've regretted being so rude but he was too tired.  He could feel himself falling behind again, but he pushed forward, his main motivation being less about food and more about wanting to impress the ladies.  

The doe had begun to slow down and Sleipnir was getting closer.  The dust and debris kicked up by the beast made his eyes water and he hesitated, partially blind.  Then it was time to attack and he lunged, snapping at the doe's rear before falling back, out of reach of the doe's potentially fatal hooves and prepared for his next move.
Sleipnir
Sleipnir

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Once the chase was on, Mercury kept up a fairly good pace for his size; his muscles pumping as he sped through the undergrowth. The female moose was in his sights, and, to be honest, he was surprised they separated her from the herd without a hitch. But, as fate would have it, this wouldn't be a clean, efficient hunt with no complications. No, for an ashen-colored frame made its way into his peripheral vision. From its size and speed, he concluded that this was another wolf, although its scent stood out; this wolf wasn't a part of the pack. 'Quite brave, for a lone wolf to swoop in and steal someone else's prey,' he thought. However, if the wolf turned out to be confrontational, he wouldn't have much trouble defending himself, and even though the odds were in his favor, he'd still much rather prefer it if violence was left out of the equation.

But his disliking of violence didn't mean that he was fine with the lone wolf. No, he actually felt a twinge of annoyance. It was more than a little rude to just stake claim to prey that's so obviously being pursued, but he couldn't let the stranger wolf distract him from the matter at hand; the prey that was speeding farther and farther up ahead.

His shoulders pumped faster as he broke into a sprint, closing in on the moose. He made sure to stay on her flank, instead of directly behind her; those hooves'd definitely hurt if you came into contact with them. Once he found himself matching her speed, he turned and lashed out at her side. It wasn't the most effective thing, although his sudden blow caused the moose to stumble a bit and slow, and he felt a twinge of satisfaction at seeing the moose's blood trickle down from the fairly big wound he inflicted. Having sprinted as fast as he could, slowed and fell back behind Syran in order to catch his breath.
Mercury
Mercury

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Syran had kept further behind as the chase went on. A new figure had joined the hunt. Her blood boiled at the thought of this stranger stealing their next meal. Slitting her eyes she charged forward and ignored the pounding in her head. Syran was in no mood to be defeated. They'd talk afterwards, but this was Syran's meal.

Mercury had done a partial slash that wouldn't be much help. It was a hit nonetheless, but it wasn't going to bring this doe down. Her breath was shaky and her body ached for a pause. She ignored it just as she had with the pounding. As she neared the doe she prepared to launch herself. Extending herself she leaped onto the back of the doe. Her claws scrambling and groping for a firm hold on the jerking animal.

She managed a good to clamp her jaw on the lower neck before being thrown off. Her feet slipped when she hit the ground, but she was quick to stand and continue. The puncture wound on the doe's neck was gushing with blood. That was the taste Syran had lingering on her tongue. That was the reason for her continuation, and soon enough she'd get what she deserved. Now with the gash in her neck the doe didn't stand much of a chance. Either it'd bleed to death or one of the others would wipe it out with a final blow.

(Sorry for the lame post, and sorry I didn't respond earlier I was busy all day yesterday)
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow White Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Snow kept racing after the doe, she didn´t really cared if she could overtake it, she kinda enjoyed running after it. It was the first time she finally got to do something. And it was fun. With an innocent smile on her face she ran after it, sometimes jumping in joy and excitement. Her heart skipped a beat as yet a total unknown, though pretty familiar bark reached her ears. Her eyes widened and her pupils grew smaller. Could it be? Wolves? Turning her head, she saw three total different looking canines, racing after the doe as well. A wide, toothy smile formed her lips as she saw all of them attacking the doe. “WÖLFE!“ she would yell, her voice nothing but glee. However, there was something more important than the fact that she finally got to see wolves; the doe! Snow White drew her face away from her fellow species and shook her head gingerly, focusing to make the final blow. All those canines already weakened the doe and got slower and slower. With the adrenaline and joy rushing through her veins, the fae grew faster and faster, passing the prey. As she stopped in a good distance, she immediately drifted her body to the site to she could face the already injured doe which kept running for it´s life, right toward Snow. The female crouched down, preparing herself for her move, an audible growl rumbled inside her throat. Although it was not her prey, she kept saying to herself that this was her meal, she would get at least a bite of it, whatever would happen. Weird, she could kinda jump full of joy that she found those canines but at the same time her instincts told her she should better watch out and fight for her fill. Seeing the doe already came a bit too close, Snow snapped out of her thoughts and pushed herself off of the ground, her fores stretched out and her jaws lunging for the does throat. Her jaws locked themselves around the most vulnerable part of the animals and with one bite which considered all of her strenght, she accomplished to let the doe collapse onto the ground. Unfortunately it fell right onto the fae, both creatures rolled a bit on the ground before they came to a hold. A big cloud of dusk covered them but soon it disappered in the air, there was no sign of the white/black shaded female. Snow was burried under the weight of an adult doe and it was kinda annoying her. “Help!“ she would call out, trying to get off the heavy animal, unsuccessfully. Luckily her head wasn´t squeezed under it but that didn´t really changed anything.

Translation: "WÖLFE!" = "WOLVES!"
Snow White
Snow White

Stars : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercury Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Mercury watched as Syran sped up by the doe, grabbing a firm hold of her throat and ripping through the tendons and muscle. Well, that was impressive, even if the blow wasn't an instant kill. His twinge of annoyance did return, however, when the white wolf from earlier -- who appeared to be female -- had pulled up in front of the moose, lunging forward and latching onto the doe's neck. The two fatal blows caused the doe to stumble and fall, with the unknown female trapped underneath it. Once the dust from the collision settled, he could see her struggling underneath the moose's weight.

“Help!“ she exclaimed, still trying to squeeze her way out of the moose's hold. Mercury was reluctant to go help her, although with each passing moment she seemed more and more pitiful, until finally he gave in.

"Alright, alright," he muttered, walking towards the carcass and clamping his jaws onto the doe's front leg and, with all the strength he could muster, shifted the moose from its original position, allowing just enough room for the she-wolf to slip out.
Mercury
Mercury

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Syran Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:30 am

Syran pushed herself to approach the final resting place of the doe. Her skin felt tight when she looked at the stranger pinned beneath the doe. The fact that this complete stranger swooped in and stole their kill didn't go by well with her. She'd get over it, and she would get her meal either way. As she neared she shook her pelt to rid it of the dry leaves and clumps of dirt that had clung to it during the chase.

When she stood only feet away she watched as the female struggled under the weight of the doe. Mercury gave into her and agreed to free her. Syran felt no sympathy for this wolf. It would have to be a first, but eventually that might change. Syran was terrible at holding grudges especially over small things.

After all this wolf was alone just as she had been. Surprised by the sight of three new wolves chasing after a doe. She hadn't had the slightest idea that the doe would nearly trample her. This stranger just so happened to find them at the exact right moment, and stepped in to steal their kill.
Syran
Syran

Statistics
Experience:
Hunger:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum